‘Values’ as described in the dictionary is ‘principles or standards of behaviour; one’s judgement of what is important in life’. They define and determine what is important to you. When your actions and behaviour match your values, life is generally good and satisfying.
With that said – what core values are important to you? What values do you strive for in your friends or in yourself?
This week we have a little bit of homework for you:
- Make a list of all the things that are important to you e.g. family, relationships, health, work etc
- Pick out all the values which are important to you (from image below)
- Prioritise the top 10 values (1 being the most important)
- Do your top 5 values:
- Fit into your life?
- Make you feel good?
- Make you proud?
- Make you comfortable to discuss with others?
- Represent things you would support even if it isn’t popular with others?