I am grateful for who I am and what I have
Thought for the week:
Gratitude is one of many positive emotions. It’s about focusing on what’s good in our life and being thankful for the things we have. However, gratitude is more than just being thankful. Gratitude is pausing to notice and appreciate the things that we often take for granted, like having a place to live, food, clean water, friends, family, even computer access. Gratitude is a way of life. It is a conscious choice to focus on the blessings of life rather than complain about the shortcomings or problems in life. Each day fill your life with feelings of gratitude, thankfulness and appreciation.
Reasons to consider gratitude:
- Whatever feelings you have inside you they are attracting your tomorrow. Worry attracts more worry. Happiness attracts more happiness. Gratitude attracts more gratitude.
- Gratitude makes us nicer, more trusting, more social, and more appreciative. As a result, it helps us make more friends, deepen our existing relationships, and improve our marriage.
- Gratitude reduces feelings of envy, makes our memories happier, lets us experience good feelings, and helps us bounce back from stress.
- Gratitude is a positive emotion. Positive emotion improves health.
- Being in a state of gratitude actually feels good.
- Gratitude increases sleep quality, reduces the time required to fall asleep, and increases sleep length. If you can think about a few things that you are grateful for today, it will induce the relaxation response, knock you out, and keep you that way.
To change your life fast, use gratitude to shift your energy, when you put all your energy into gratitude, you will see miracles take place in your life.
1 thought on “Blog Week 11 – Gratitude”
So very true!